Conscious Coders is co-hosting a Workshop at KI 2019 in Kassel
AI can be used in armed forces for many areas and is presented as central for the winning of future wars. Particularly problematic would be the use for selection and attack of targets in autonomous weapon systems and for warfare in cyberspace. However, only the selection of targets based on automatic evaluation of (meta)data can be problematic.
During the workshop at KI2019 on September 24th in Kassel following topics will be discussed:
- Arms race in military applications – real, in planning and in rhetoric,
- (Un)reliability of target recognition,
- Acceleration of combat events, possibilities and problems of human control,
- Commonalities with and differences from civil AI applications,
- Use of AI for disarmament and verification?
- Activities of people working in AI and their effects.
More Information: Workshop Website